We, at Korea University Business School (hereinafter to be referred to as "KUBS" http://biz.korea.ac.kr) take seriously the privacy of the information of applicants for Korea University Business School ("Applicants"). Therefore, we are doing our best to completely protect the personal information provided online by applicants, while ensuring that applicants can conveniently use the information offered by KUBS.
KUBS complies with all privacy laws and regulations, including the Improvement and Protection of Communication Secrets Act, the Telecommunications Business Act, the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection as well as other privacy guidelines stipulated by the Ministry of Information and Communication.
1. Agreement on the collection of personal information
2. Information items collected by KUBS and collection methods
3. The purpose of collection and usage of personal information
4. The period of storage and usage of personal information collected by KUBS
5. The sharing and provision of personal information collected by KUBS
6. Management (viewing, revision, and deletion) of personal information of applicants
7. The procedure and method of discarding personal information
8. Technological and managerial measures on personal information
9. Collection of opinions on personal information and complaint handling
10. Withdrawal of agreement on the collection, usage, and provision of personal information (membership withdrawal)
11. Obligation of notification
1. Agreement on the Collection of Personal Information
KUBS offers [Agree] and [Decline] buttons. If [Agree] is chosen, then KUBS deems the applicants to have agreed to KUBS collecting their personal information.
2. Information Items Collected by KUBS and Collection Methods
KUBS needs certain key information on the applicants for the application selection process. It is mandatory that the applicants for KUBS enter the following information online.
- Mandatory Items: name, password, resident ID, home phone number, mobile phone number, e-mail address, nationality, military service, birthday, address, place of residence, marital status, veteran status, education background, career information, licenses, personal statement
KUBS does not collect sensitive information that is prone to human rights violations (such as race, ethnicity, philosophy, religion, place of birth, place of family register, political orientation, criminal record, sexuality, and the like). If such information is necessary, however, we will acquire applicants' prior consent. In no event, will any of the information that applicants entered be used for purposes other than specified in advance nor be disclosed outside KUBS.
3. The Purpose of Collection and Usage of Personal Information
We do not release the personal information of applicants without their prior consent. The information collected will be used for the following purposes.
- e-mail address, password (for applicants to review and revise their applications): to verify the applicants, allow the applicants to revise their own applications and to see if they have successfully passed the selection process.
- Home phone, mobile phone, e-mail address: to send notices and to ensure effective communication with applicants.
4. The Period of Storage and Usage of Personal Information Collected by KUBS
Applicants' personal information will be stored in the KUBS human resources database and will be used for applicant selection. In the event applicants request a deletion of their information, we will do so immediately.
5. The Sharing and Provision of Personal Information Collected by KUBS
KUBS will use the personal information of applicants within the scope specified under "3. The Purpose of Collection and Usage of Personal Information" and for no other purposes without the applicants' prior consent, nor disclose it externally, in principle, except for the following cases:
- where it is deemed required by laws and regulations (e.g. upon request by government/investigative agencies in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, etc.)
- where there is a request in accordance with the procedure specified by relevant laws and regulations
- Even in the above events, the disclosure of the information shall be notified to the information owner, in principle, provided, however, such a notification is not banned by law.
We will do our best not to provide information in violation of the original purpose of the collection and usage of the information.
6. Management (viewing, revision, and deletion) of Personal Information of Applicants
Applicants can view and revise their information and request a withdrawal of their applications on the KUBS homepage at any time. If applicants wish to revise or delete their information, they can contact the information manager or the person responsible for personal information in writing, by phone, or by e-mail, and immediate action will be taken.
In the event an applicant requests a correction of his/her own information, the information will not be used or provided before the full revision is complete.
If the incorrect information has already been provided to a third party, the revision results will be immediately notified to the third party so that the correction can also happen on the third party's side.
7. The Procedure and Methods of Discarding Personal Information
We ensure the safe handling of applicants’ personal information. The personal information will be discarded in the following manner to prevent information leakage.
- Once the intended purposes are fulfilled, KUBS moves applicants’ application data to a separate database (information on paper will be moved to a separate safe), keeps the information for a certain period, and then destroys it according to KUBS policy and other relevant laws and regulations on information protection (Refer to the Period of Storage and Usage of Personal Information).
- Unless otherwise governed by relevant laws and regulations, the information will not be used for other purposes.
- Information on paper will be either shredded or incinerated.
- Electronic data will be deleted by applying a technology that defies data recovery.
8. Technological and Managerial Measures on Personal Information
KUBS employs the following technological measures to prevent applicants' personal information from being stolen, lost, leaked, manipulated, or damaged.
1) Encryption of Password
The password entered by the applicants at the time of application is encrypted when stored and maintained. Only the applicants know their password, and only the applicants who know their password can view and change their own information.
2) Measures against Viruses and Hackers
KUBS does its best to prevent hackers or computer viruses from stealing or damaging applicants' information. We back up data regularly and apply up-to-date vaccine programs to prevent leakage or damage of personal information and other applicant-related data. Personal information is encrypted for communications via online networks. In addition, our strict firewall blocks unauthorized external accesses. Other possible technologies that are currently available to help strengthen the security of the system are being introduced. In addition, only authorized personnel are allowed to access the computer room and the document vault.
3) Minimization of the Number of Information Handlers
We allow a minimum number of employees to manage information. Separate passwords are assigned to the information handlers and updated on a regular basis. The employees who are authorized to access information are as follows:
- Those who directly interact with the applicants for the selection process.
- Information managers and person(s) responsible for the personal information of applicants.
- Those who need to access the information to fulfill their roles and responsibilities.
4) Stronger Management of Personal Information
At KUBS, job transfer between personal information handlers takes place under strong security and we have a clear description of responsibilities for personal information accidents that occur after employees enter or leave KUBS. Personal information is stored separately from other general data.
5) Organization Dedicated to the Protection of Personal Information
9. Collection of Opinions on Personal Information and Handling of Complaints
We collect applicants' opinions on privacy and have introduced all necessary procedures and methods to deal with complaints. Applicants can express their complaints by phone or e-mail and we will adequately answer their complaints in a timely manner.
10. Withdrawal of Agreement on the Collection, Usage and Provision of Personal Information
Applicants may withdraw their agreement on the collection, usage and provision of their personal information. Applicants can contact the information manager in writing, by phone or e-mail to request a withdrawal, and we will immediately take the necessary actions including deleting their information.
KUBS is committed to making sure that withdrawing one’s agreement on the collection of personal information is easier than providing said information.
11. Obligation of Notification
September 1, 2010
(Mandatory) Agreement on the Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
1) Information Recipient: Travel Agency
2) Purpose of Information Usage
- Activities and Events: Fellowship events, field trips at home and abroad, international residence program
3) Personal Information Items Used or Provided
- Name, gender, passport number, resident ID, birthday, mobile phone number, e-mail address
4) Period of Storage and Usage of Personal Information
- Personal information will be kept until the event is completed.
5) Information owners may refuse to agree to the provision of personal information to a third party, in which case, however, application processing will be impossible.
(Optional) Agreement on the Provision of Personal Information to a Third Party
1) Information Recipient: MBA Student Body and Alumni Association
2) Purpose of Information Usage
- Events and Activities Notification: Pre-orientation, workshops, student-body (alumni association)-led special lecture invitation, new semester ceremony, fellowship events, club activities, job-specific club activities, class president elections, sporting events, Ko-yeon jeon, year-end events, and other student-related activities
- Application Invitation: MBA application invitation, locker application invitation
- Production: Student pocket book (alumni pocket book), yearbook
3) Personal Information Items Used or Provided
- Name, gender, birthday, mobile phone number, e-mail address, name of company, job title, company address, photo
4) Period of Storing and Using Personal Information
Personal information will be kept until the information owner requests a deletion.
5) Applicants may refuse to agree to the provision of their personal information to a third party, in which case, however, they may not be sent student body activity information.